Apr 10, 2013

Quiet Time

Today we implemented Quiet Time. This week we are not on PJ's regular schedule, since we are at G and Poppy's house. We match meal times and bedtime pretty close but nap time has not been going so well. Lots of whining and screaming with short cat naps when we take a car ride. So today instead of battling through another nap time we started Quiet Time.
PJ had an hour long nap this morning in the car after playing hard for 2 hours at a local park. The nap was good but too early so after lunch, PJ got really cranky. I knew PJ wouldn't go down for a nap, but the whining needed to stop. Soooo I put PJ in his room with some books and told him that when my watch said 2:00 (1hour) I would come and get him. Now he did not sleep and he did need to be put back into his room about 5 times; but there was no screaming, no tears and when the hour was up he was very agreeable. 1 win for momma! I even got a picture when the PJ poked his head out of the room, but did not actually leave, just looking...(he is all the way at the end of the hall in the picture.)




No comments:

Post a Comment