I went on my first overnight away from MJ last night. I had to be in Dallas for a meeting today so yesterday afternoon I left Seattle and have just over 24 hours in Texas. While I am here I plan to go to the meeting and eat as much beef as possible. Last night we went to a steakhouse and I had prime-rib. So far my mission is being executed perfectly.
Its not easy leaving my baby behind, although a little easier leaving the toddler behind, so Ry was kind enough to FaceTime with me before they went to bed. I know that this is an exercise in patience for Ry, because I have been on the other end while Ry is out of town. Its hard enough getting the boys home, fed, bathed, and ready for bed single handed while keeping both happy. When the missing parent calls its great for the missing parent to feel apart of things at home, but its very disruptive for the bedtime routine. Luckily my husband loves me more than the need to keep things easy so we got to FaceTime and I got to see my boys. MJ loved seeing me, and PJ couldn't stop hogging the video image. I felt like I was home for a few moments, and laughed at how my parents must feel when we FaceTime them. Its a bit nauseating as the camera is always moving, noisy because PJ can't just talk to the phone like he can when I am in person, and Ry is trying to talk through all of it to let me know how they were all surviving.


No comments:
Post a Comment