May 11, 2012

A Year Ago

A year ago today at 5:30am my water broke. 
 Prior to my water breaking we were living another life.  It was a good life just the two of us and our silly dog.  we hiked, we slept in, we worked late, and we even worked out!  Although we were living a good life, today my heart feels so much happier, fuller and just more right. I wouldn't say when it was just the two of us I was missing anything but now that we have PJ, I wouldn't want to live without him.  
May 11th, 2011 Ry and I walked laps around the 5th floor of Swedish hospital;  I will never forget those hours just the two of us.  Our final hours as a family of two.  We talked about how we wanted to be as parents and what we thought it was going to be like to have a child that we were responsible for.  We felt totally prepared and fully inadequate all at the same time.  What an awesome contradiction that instead of resulting in feeling fear, we felt pure hope and excitement.
Today I feel that same hope and excitement as well as a sense of accomplishment.  PJ is doing great!  He is happy, he is healthy and his parents are still happily married.  Success all around.
A year ago we had no idea what we were going to experience, that at times our marriage would be tested, at times we would test our own limits, and at even more times we would laugh like we had never laughed.  I still can't really believe that tomorrow I will have been a mom for an entire year.  That I have a son that calls me momma, and that sings dadda over and over again. 
Life is awesome and that is all I can say.  I have no beautiful words to explain the lump in my throat.  Tomorrow we celebrate PJ with family and I have a feeling that lump in my throat may create a lot of tears.  Please know in advance if you see any ugly crying pictures, they are happy tears.
We are very happy and its all very cheesy. 
-K

No comments:

Post a Comment