Jan 10, 2012

Daycare highlights

PJ has been in Daycare for a week and I thought it would be good to highlight how quickly he has adapted and how its making him grow.  I shall do it in bullet form as my brain is in task mode from doing a whole bunch of chores tonight and making lists all day at work.
  • PJ is a lot more comfortable with strangers than I thought!
    • The teachers are lovely and have gotten PJ to smile instantly.  In fact neither of the two teachers or even the assistant teacher have ever gotten his professor look, he has given smiles from moment one.
  • Solid foods are great!
    • PJ has been introduced to a lot of different solid foods in just one week.  He finds fig newtons, stuffing, applesauce and french toast to be delicious.  His favorite is apparently meatballs and pasta, since he had 3 servings worth at lunch yesterday!
  • PJ loves his momma!
    • I know, I know, of course he does, I am his momma after all.  Well I knew in my heart that he loves me, but it was sort of hard to see examples of the love.  Remember for the first 7.5 months of his life he had some pretty amazing adults in his life.  When I pick him up from daycare he is so happy to see me and if I don't pick him up instantly it makes him quite upset.  Best part of my day.
  • Milestones are happening a lot faster!
    • He got two teeth the second day.
    • He is making a lot more sounds, a lot more often. 
    • He got to paint.
    • He has already made friends with the other little boy in the class.  The teacher said that day 3 PJ was fascinated with touching this little boy's hair.  Don't worry, PJ was very gentle.  PJ's presence also helps calm the little boy down when his momma leaves him for the day.  
    • He is learning to use a sippy cup and eat with his fingers.  (Before daycare we had a little birdy. PJ eats with his hands out to his sides and a little arch in his back.  Effective for food consumption but not for independence...)
  • Consistent Momma time everyday
    • We drive to and from daycare together.  We can chat, sing and just be in the same space everyday.  Its nice for me, at least.
So although daycare has been hard on my momma heart; it seems to be perfect for PJ. 
-K

No comments:

Post a Comment